Friday, November 13, 2009
Liar Liar
I have a student who is a compulsive liar, and it seems to run in the family. She is a trouble maker-so when she gets in trouble, I hear from the parents. Today I was blamed for causing permanent emotional damage to this student by her gma. Yet her mom is a drug addict and her dad is in and out of jail. I am worried because of the things she tells her gma at home. What do I do in this sort of a situation?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Seems like a rough situation. I don’t really know what to tell you other than to talk the councilor at the school who is in charge of the girl. It also seems to me that the girl’s guardian is looking for somewhere to put blame. It is hard to take credit for problems in our lives and really easy to try and put the blame on someone else. Unfortunately most people take the easy road that goes nowhere and leads to no progress. I hope things are going better for you now.
ReplyDelete